A More Transparent Shade of Green: Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs) Drive Restrooms to the Lead in Green Design
Decipher environmental product labels and certifications to balance health, safety, and welfare concerns when designing sustainable public restrooms.
As both sustainability and efficiency advance in the built environment, designers and clients are committed to purchasing green products that achieve project performance, client health, and safety goals. It is important to understand the continuum of product category rules (PCR), life cycle assessments (LCA), and environmental product declarations (EPD) in developing products that meet environmental standards. Learn how to decipher related labels and certifications to make sustainable choices when designing public restrooms, and review case studies to examine sustainable restroom design applications.
What You Will Learn
- How environmental product declarations (EPDs) allow for apples to apples comparisons of building products in terms of hygiene, welfare, and health performance.
- How product category rules (PCRs) establish clear, consistent evaluation methods for building products as a means to help ensure and validate the environmental performance of buildings.
- How PCRs, LCAs, and EPDs can be used together to assess and optimize the hygiene, health, and sustainability characteristics of high-performance restroom design.
- How to apply the information provided by environmental and efficiency standards when making product and welfare decisions.
Continuing Education Approvals
- 1 IDCEC CEU | HSW-Sustainability | CC-110085 (Your CEU will be reported to IDCEC on your behalf by the Content Provider)
- 1 AIA LU | HSW | TSG19 (AIA Members: Please contact email@example.com to have your completion reported by the Content Provider)
- 1 GBCI CE Hour | Course Number: 0920004912 (Please self-report GBCI credit hours. Certificate of completion provided)
Access Period: One year from registration date.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|