Learn the similar and different ways that custom area rugs are produced domestically and overseas, focusing on the different yarns systems and constructions available internationally.
Are you a designer who typically specifies bound rugs, not really understanding other available options? Are you a designer who orders inventoried rugs in hopes that your client doesn’t shop you? If this sounds familiar, you’ll gain a better understanding of the varying constructions available from within and outside of the United States. By developing a firmer foundation and knowing the important questions to ask, you will walk away feeling more confident the next time you specify area rugs for clients.
What You Will Learn
- Decipher the area rug terminology on showroom and retail sales tags and explain why certain characteristics justify higher price points.
- Describe and recognize methods of area rug construction.
- Identify which area rug constructions will fit with your design aesthetic.
- Recognize the importance of educating clients on the artistry and craftsmanship involved in creating their rugs, including the strategic use of photography in presentation.
Continuing Education Approvals
- 1 IDCEC CEU | CC-101434-R1
- Your CEU will be reported to IDCEC on your behalf by the Content Provider.
Access Period: One year from registration date.