Health + Wellness Protocols 1: Introduction
Lead the conversation with your clients about the benefits of healthy interior spaces and how design strategies can impact health outcomes.
Emerging research reveals an alarming trend: people’s health and sense of well-being are in decline throughout the world. This global issue poses a significant risk for employers: poor health and well-being among workers reduces performance and productivity. For employers that provide healthcare benefits, it also contributes to escalating cost burdens. Building owners and occupants are now focusing on how the built environment impacts human health, and the evidence is clear. Gain insight and background to enable you to lead the conversation about the benefits of healthy interior spaces and how design strategies can impact health outcomes.
What You Will Learn
- Identify ways in which interior spaces, buildings, and exterior spaces can affect human health.
- Define the components of health: physical health, mental health, and wellness.
- Describe the benefits of healthier homes, offices, schools, and healthcare facilities.
- Explain the key elements of the Health + Wellness Protocols.
Continuing Education Approvals
- 1 IDCEC CEU | HSW | CC-105812 (Your CEU will be reported to IDCEC on your behalf.)
- 1 AIA LU | HSW | ASIDHWP1 (AIA Members: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have your completion reported.)
- Health + Wellness Protocols 2: Interiors, Foundational Concepts
- Health + Wellness Protocols 3: Interiors, Materials
- Health + Wellness Protocols 4: Interiors, Products
- Health + Wellness Protocols 5: Interiors, Components
Access period: One year from registration date.