Health + Wellness Protocols 3: Interiors, Materials
Learn the processes and tools needed to select healthier materials for interior spaces.
Today, clients are becoming increasingly aware of the health impacts of their homes and buildings. They want to be confident that their interior spaces support the health of the people who live and work in them. Clients want materials that are safe and sustainable, and that meet the health standards as certified by credible third-party organizations. They rely on designers and architects for advice on navigating this complex field.
This third Health + Wellness Protocols module will give you an overview of the processes and tools needed to select healthier materials.
What You Will Learn
- Identify the substances of concern found in building materials and their associated health impacts.
- Identify methods for evaluating materials and define the concepts of hazard, exposure, toxicity and risk.
- Identify resources and tools to guide selection of healthy materials.
- Describe healthy material considerations and strategies for their selection.
Continuing Education Approvals
- 1 IDCEC CEU | HSW | CC-105814 (Your CEU will be reported to IDCEC on your behalf.)
- 1 AIA LU | HSW | ASIDHWP3 (AIA Members: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have your completion reported.)
- Health + Wellness Protocols 1: Introduction
- Health + Wellness Protocols 2: Interiors, Foundational Concepts
- Health + Wellness Protocols 4: Interiors, Products
- Health + Wellness Protocols 5: Interiors, Components
Access period: One year from registration date.