Health + Wellness Protocols 4: Interiors, Products
Explore products that enhance the health of a space, including furnishings, lighting fixtures, plumbing fixtures, appliances, and cleaning products.
Nearly 70 percent of health care costs are due to preventable conditions, and new research confirms that spending long hours sitting down while commuting and working can play a significant role in the development of chronic disease. More than ever, worker well-being is a good business for designers. Learn how to specify products that will contribute to the overall well-being of people in the space.
What You Will Learn
- Recognize how furnishings can support human health and wellness through active design, ergonomic, and stress reducing strategies.
- Identify ways to use and optimize lighting products to promote comfortable work environments.
- Discover how to select plumbing fixtures and appliances for their sustainable, assistive, and inclusive features.
- Communicate strategies to implement comprehensive cleaning protocols and use cleaning products to support clean, healthy interiors.
Continuing Education Approvals
- 1 IDCEC CEU | HSW | CC-105811 (Your CEU will be reported to IDCEC on your behalf.)
- 1 AIA LU | HSW | ASIDHWP4 (AIA Members: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have your completion reported.)
- Health + Wellness Protocols 1: Introduction
- Health + Wellness Protocols 2: Interiors, Foundational Concepts
- Health + Wellness Protocols 3: Interiors, Materials
- Health + Wellness Protocols 5: Interiors, Components
Access period: One year from registration date.