Health + Wellness Protocols 5: Interiors, Components
Examine how building components shape our interior environments.
Access to good air, light and water is essential to human health. So is access to a supportive built environment. Components make up a building’s envelope and interior elements, vital parts of a building’s major systems, and the technologies that connect us and assist occupants in operating the space in an efficient, healthy manner. Learn how designers can select building components to improve the air we breathe, the water we drink, and our access to sunlight and views, all of which are the hallmarks of the general health and safety of interior spaces.
What You Will Learn
- Identify building envelope components at the building scale and interior scale that support healthy indoor environments.
- Describe how air moves through a building and methods to improve indoor air quality.
- Describe strategies to improve the positive impacts of light quality in an interior space.
- Identify strategies to improve water quality and use water more efficiently.
Continuing Education Approvals
- 1 IDCEC CEU | HSW | CC-105815 (Your CEU will be reported to IDCEC on your behalf.)
- 1 AIA LU | HSW | ASIDHWP5 (AIA Members: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have your completion reported.)
- Health + Wellness Protocols 1: Introduction
- Health + Wellness Protocols 2: Interiors, Foundational Concepts
- Health + Wellness Protocols 3: Interiors, Materials
- Health + Wellness Protocols 4: Interiors, Products
Access period: One year from registration date.