Master the knowledge needed to prepare, install, and maintain tile projects that will help you become a trusted advisor and source for your clients.
Become a tile preparation and installation materials expert, and differentiate yourself in offering the best advice for your clients. You’ll gain the skills you need to assess the suitability of surfaces for tile installation and advise clients on options for underlayment, grout, and caulking. You’ll walk away with a better understanding of the range of value and high-end products available, and tips for cleaning and long-term maintenance.
What You Will Learn
- Demonstrate an elevated knowledge of proper surface assessment, and recommend methods to make corrections that will stop issues with the installation and final project before they occur.
- Explain the functional role of underlayment products, to work more effectively with clients and other professionals on the job site.
- Describe how thinset works, and navigate through the myriad of available products to identify the best choice to achieve the longest-lasting project result.
- Identify which materials are best for finishing and maintaining your designs to create a legacy of unsurpassable workmanship.
Continuing Education Approvals
- 1 IDCEC CEU | CC-111304
- Your CEU will be reported to IDCEC on your behalf by the Content Provider.
Access Period: One year from registration date.
Director of Talent Development, The Tile Shop
After spending years going back and forth between construction trades and retail sales management, Saul Herbert joined The Tile Shop in 2017. There he found his true calling and purpose: to help bring clarity to the challenging, poorly regulated tile industry, and build a team of front-line experts who can ensure that the best possible solution to every project is achieved.