Ultracompact Surfacing: Redefining Boundaries of Interior and Exterior Spaces (CEU)
Learn about sinterization, a specialized manufacturing process that uses extreme heat and pressure to create a unique product called ultracompact surfacing material.
Sinterization is a specialized manufacturing process that uses extreme heat and pressure to create a unique product called ultracompact surfacing material. This cutting-edge material can be used in ways that natural stone, solid surface, or quartz material cannot. This course examines the advantages of ultracompact surfaces in terms of life cycle, environmental impact, strength, durability, chemical resistance, absorption, abrasion resistance, and ASTM testing. Design flexibility with ultracompact surfaces in terms of color, texture, and format is also discussed and possible interior/exterior application options are considered.
• Discuss the evolution of surfaces and the various types of surfacing material for interior and exterior applications.
• Define ultracompact surfacing (UCS) and discuss the innovative production process that creates superior tile properties and reduced environmental impact.
• Learn the advantages of compact surfaces in terms of strength, durability, chemical resistance, absorption, abrasion resistance, and ASTM testing.
• Discuss selecting UCS in terms of life cycle environmental impact, color, texture, format, and general design flexibility, as well as the various possible interior and exterior applications.
• Identify key attributes of UCS, explaining how they influence material performance, safety, durability, and sustainability.
Architect & Design Sales Manager
Amanda Edwards is an Architect and Design Sales Manager for Cosentino. She has spent the last 10+ years in the commercial construction industry with a focus on providing products and solutions to the education and healthcare markets. Joining Cosentino in the Fall of 2019, she brought her relationships and expertise to the surfacing industry and expanded her reach to all market segments providing innovative, durable and sustainable solutions to architects, designers and end users in North Carolina.