Career Path Exploration: What to Expect
Learn about what to expect in your first job and the many career paths in design.
Part of being an intern is making connections with professionals who will offer guidance on potential career options and next steps after graduation. Conversations with practitioners about their first jobs out of school can be very valuable, giving you a chance to hear how they got started and how their paths have evolved with more experience. Hear from mid-career designers as they describe their career path, with a particular focus on their first job out of school.
- Kelsey Davidson, ASID, Principal Interior Designer, SALT, LLC; 2020 ASID Ones to Watch Scholar
- Emily Denisar, Regional Director of Sales, Davis Furniture
- Mike Goetz, ASID, Senior Project Designer | Principal, HOK; 2020 ASID Ones to Watch Scholar
- Madison Kester, ASID, Senior Interior Designer, CBRE Design; 2020 ASID Ones to Watch Scholar
- Kendra Locklear Ordia, ASID, RID, LEED AP, Assistant Professor, Interior Design, University of Nebraska; 2020 ASID Ones to Watch Scholar
- Taruan Mabry, Creator/Owner, Mabry Art + Design Studio; 2020 ASID Ones to Watch Scholar
- Greer May, Allied ASID, Associate Principal, Studio 11 Design; 2020 ASID Ones to Watch Scholar
- Santiago Rivera, Allied ASID, Foundations, Associations & Organizations Regional Leader | Associate, Gensler; 2020 ASID Ones to Watch Scholar
- Heather Sutherland, ASID, Interior Designer II, Perkins&Will; 2020 ASID Ones to Watch Scholar
Access Period: One year after registration.