In Conversation: Product Intros and Perspectives
Listen in on real conversations between designers and manufacturer reps and learn what questions to ask when specifying products and how to build these key relationships.
Ever wonder how designers navigate through new products and materials as they consider what is best for their clients and projects? Listen in on a series of conversations between leading designers and their reps as they review new products. You will leave with an understanding of the questions to ask when evaluating products, how to navigate relationships with product reps, and fresh insight on what’s up and coming from manufacturers.
What You Will Learn
- Identify key questions to ask manufacturer’s representatives to learn more about a new product.
- Recognize areas of investigation to explore related to product development, application, use, and maintenance.
- Gain tips for effective conversations with manufacturer’s representatives which lead to strong working relationships.
- List key characteristics and features of each product reviewed.
2021 Winter Series
- Segment 1: Paint: Listen as designer Susan Guest, ASID, Owner, Guest Interiors, discusses various options for specifying paint with Shane Jones, Allied ASID, Design Account Executive, Sherwin-Williams Paint.
- Segment 2: Surfaces: Hear all about new options for countertops and other surface applications from Stacy Montero, Manhattan City Manager, Cosentino, as she presents new products to Young Huh, Principal and Founder, Young Huh Interior Design, for her residential projects.
2020 Summer Series
- Segment 1: Wood Flooring: Listen as Mindi Weichman, Design Director, Studio O+A, learns about wood flooring options for a new workplace project from Todd Youngs, Founder and Sales Representative – Northern California, Todd Contract.
- Segment 2: Plumbing Fixtures: Hear all about new plumbing fixtures from Jason Reynolds, Director of Hospitality and Architecture and Design, Fortune Brands Global Plumbing Group, as he presents options to Krista Ninivaggi, Allied ASID, Founder, K&CO, for a new condo project.
- Segment 3: Textiles: Listen in on a conversation between Kia Weatherspoon, NCIDQ, ASID, President/ CEO, Determined by Design, and Melanie Ambridge, Sales Representative, Momentum Textiles & Wallcovering, and learn about textile options for a new multi-family residential project.
- Segment 4: Furniture: Listen as three designers from Chambers, Leslie Foster, ASID, Senior Interior Designer/Associate, Megan Hochman, ASID, NCIDQ, Director of Interior Design – DC/Senior Associate, and Patricia Sampson, NCIDQ, Senior Project Manager, Senior Associate, discuss tabletops and other product needs for their hospitality projects with Eddie Weber of The Weber Team.
- Segment 5: Tile: Hear all about new tile lines from Amy Gay, Architectural Sales Representative, Daltile, as she presents options to Melissa Moseley, ASID, NCIDQ, CID, LEED AP, Senior Interior Designer, HDR, for her healthcare projects.
- Segment 6: Home Technology: Listen in on a conversation between Shundra Harris, ASID, RID, Founder | Principal Designer, Shundra Harris Interiors, and Pamela Cortes, Echo Workshop, and learn about home technology and entertainment options for residential projects.