Frequently Asked Questions
What is my login info?
Your login credentials are the same as the username and password used to log in to the ASID website and the ASID Academy. Forgot your password? If you do not have an ASID account, you will be prompted to create one during registration.
Do I need to be an ASID member in order to register?
No! All are welcome to attend the ASID Virtual Conference. All keynotes, breakout sessions, networking events, and design center experiences are open to everyone.
Do I need to register for each individual session?
No. If you register for the ASID Virtual Conference you will have access to all the sessions visible on your Conference Agenda.
If I register for the conference do I have to attend the full event?
No, all registrants can create their own experience during the Virtual Conference. You can select any number of sessions and events to attend. And if you are not able to attend a session live, all registrants will have access to the majority of offerings on-demand through the ASID Academy.
How do I visit the Design Center?
The Design Center will open early on July 19th and will remain open through July 30th.
From the home page, click the Design Center from the navigation menu, visible on any page. From the main hall, select an exhibitor to visit their showroom. While you may visit the Exhibit Hall at any time, many exhibitors will also be available for live chats during the conference. Chat hours will be listed on each exhibitor’s showroom page.
How do I get CEU credit?
Breakout sessions approved for continuing education credits by the International Design Continuing Education Council (IDCEC) will be indicated as such in the Conference Agenda.
ASID will report CEUs earned to IDCEC on your behalf within 7-10 business days for ASID members and other attendees who have active IDCEC accounts. If you need proof of completion for any other reporting body, you may print a certificate of completion after attending each CEU breakout. To print a certificate, go to the “Dashboard” at https://learn.asid.org/my-dashboard and select “Transcript / Achievements”. From there, you can view credits and View/Print Certificate.
Will I be able to access on-demand sessions after the conference ends?
Yes! ASID Virtual Conference content will be available to all registrants for on-demand viewing on the ASID Academy. You will have the opportunity to earn continuing education credits if applicable.
Virtual Conference Technical Support
How do I access the live sessions during the ASID Virtual Conference?
You can access all live events during the conference through the AGENDA link on the top menu bar. From the Agenda View, click on an event for details. Select the “More Information” button to go directly to the event page. At the appointed time, click on the Live Event tab to access the link to join the session.
TIP: If you see a button that says “Activate” in the top right corner where there should be a blue “You are registered” button, don’t worry. Just click “Activate.” You will need to see the “You are registered” button in order to access the live event.
What platform will be used for the live sessions?
The majority of the sessions during the Virtual Conference will be on Zoom Webinar or Zoom Meetings. On each session overview the session format is detailed to help you know what to expect.
Where can I find help for the Zoom platform?
The majority of the ASID Virtual Conference sessions utilize Zoom Meetings and Zoom Webinar as the live event platforms, unless otherwise indicated.
Here are some helpful links when using Zoom:
- Changing your viewing layout between speaker and gallery view
- My video/camera is not working on iOS
- Improving your video quality
- My audio is not working on iOS or Android
- My video/camera isn't working
Where can I find help if I cannot hear or view the keynote sessions?
If you are having technical issues with any of the three keynote sessions. Please ensure your device meets hardware, software and bandwidth requirements. If you are on a network that uses a firewall or VPN, you can test your access in advance to ensure our software will not be blocked by these items using this site: http://events.commpartners.com
Please review the following Technical Requirements and be sure your system and networks are up to date.
System Requirements for a Better Experience:
- 2 GHz Dual Core CPU Processor or faster
- 4 GB RAM (Greater than 4 GB is a benefit)
- Windows 10 or later
- Mac OS X 10.14 or later
- iOS 12 or later
- Wired Internet connection
- Browser must support HTML-5. To detect your browser version, run https://whichbrowser.net/
- Chrome, Firefox and Edge are continuously updated by their publishers. For the best experience, use the most current version.
- Current versions of Chrome
- Current versions of Firefox
- Current versions of Edge
- Safari 14 or later
- Use a PC or MAC with current Browser.
- Disable pop-ups blockers in your web browser settings.
- Wifi is not recommended. WiFi signal strength can vary causing bandwidth to increase or decrease. A wired connection gives a consistent signal and consistent bandwidth. A wired connection provides a better experience.
- Audio (sound) is projected through your computer speakers. Be sure your computer is equipped with speakers or the room where the conference is being broadcast is equipped with speakers so you can hear the presenters.
- Check that audio (speakers) are not muted
Who is ASID?
Founded in 1975, ASID is the oldest, largest, and only multi-disciplinary professional organization for interior designers, interior design students, and the manufacturers and suppliers who support the profession.
The rich, vibrant history of the organization goes back to the founding of its predecessor organizations, the American Institute of Interior Designers (AID) and the National Society of Interior Designers (NSID).
More information can be found here.
What are the benefits of membership?
ASID has a vibrant community of 23,000+ members with a number of categories for designers at every stage of their career, including students. When you join this community, you get access to all of our offerings:
- Research & Knowledge Management: Our research team provides economic, sector, career stage, and of course, design data and research to the marketplace. Through the ASID Foundation, we provide over $100,000 in funding annually to various research and scholarship initiatives to help build the knowledge community for the interior design profession.
- Professional Development: We offer career stage programming that focuses on the Impact of Design, the Business of Design, Leadership Development, and Health & Wellness. We offer both online and in-person engagement opportunities.
- Advocate by Design: Our government and advocacy team works at the state and federal levels to represent your interests as an interior design professional AND as a business owner. Our first priority is the right to practice –whether that be through interior design legislation or seal/stamp privileges at the municipal level. In addition, we lobby on issues that affect the business of interior design, such as copyright, lien rights, and company ownership. Want to get involved in our advocacy efforts? Text “ASID” to 52886.
- Communications: Our challenge is getting your attention because we understand the amount of content you receive each day and your busy schedule as a designer or industry professional. BUT, we have so much to offer you, as evidenced by the list above. So, give us a try. Whether it is the award-winning ASID magazine i+D, ASID Insider or Eye on Design newsletters, Chair’s Message, an event notice, or through social media channels (Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn | Vimeo), we are confident you will find something that makes sense to you among the noise because at ASID – we stand out in a crowd!
If I attend this conference, do I get a discount on my membership?
Yes, ASID is happy to waive your application fee (up to $100 for where applicable).
Still have questions? Please reach out to our team by email and provide a detailed description of your questions, screen shots if you are having technical issues, and your ASID member ID number if you have one. We can be reached 9:00 – 5:00 EST at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|